Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 28, 2014

Lifes like that

The husbands and my morning routines runs along a church, where the homeless and not economically well off are given a warm breakfast of coffee/tea and  freshly baked loaves.
Long queues so early in the morning of little babies and kids all waiting for that first meal of the day. The gentle souls who provide the sad and lonely with this wonderful meal, are surely blessed !
Not a day goes by without seeing a smile on the kids faces as they take the loaves and quickly pack it in their mothers bags to be shared with maybe many more waiting for that meal at their home.
Gives me a lot to think on my walking rounds, what is it that  makes one man to give so much of himself ? and sometimes in our own lives people pinch pennies for a basic need ?
There definitely has to be something divine in the man who cares to provide for a lesser fortunate one.
In my own life, I have seen people sharing of their very little that they have, they will cut it down to the last bit in order for  each person to taste it, or even just give it away like "Oh! Take this, I have tasted it before, its yours now!"
All I can say is How wonderful is the soul that can feel so deeply for them.
Flip the coin and there you have the excesses they come and just grab the piece that you are holding in your hands, happens especially during sales.
There was this home furnishing sale and the usual rush that we see around sales, I had seen this beautiful pair of cushion covers and picked them up and checked them for size etc., liked them and decided to pay for them, not without picking another piece of furnishing, it was a bed sheet, so for a split second let the cushion covers down besides me, to check out the bed sheet, people have eyes all over their bodies, and there came this lady, all complete with her designer bags, hair-dos and grabbed the set of cushion covers that I kept besides me,"That's mine, lady," I politely told her" OH ! you just kept it down"
with a very annoyed smile(If there is something like that) "I needed both hands to check this out," showed her the sheet," "Can I have them please they go so well with my bedroom,"she said with a huge glisten in her mascara painted eyes, "Ask the sales girl to help you out with another piece,"  Saying this I stretched my hands to get the cushion covers from her, but no she wouldn't give it, to me, "I will first check out with the sales girl, "
My first instinct was to grab them right out of her hands, but you got to be uncivilised to behave that way, went with my head reeling not so much for the materialistic want but for the uncouth behaviour of this opportunist, who without a whimper must have been watching me all along and the first opportunity grabbed !!!!
I explained to the sales girl, how things happened and she politely said that she should have another pair, maybe more colors too!
It was only then that the lady dropped it right besides her on the counter, and walked away without as much as a apology for all the trouble etc., etc.,
Just goes to show the more we have the greedier we get to go out grab and walk away without apology
Like my header says,"LIFE'S LIKE THAT"

No comments:

Post a Comment