Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 23, 2015

APPEARANCES ARE DECEPTIVE.

Everytime I walked past him, he was always glaring at me angrily...or just maybe thats the way I perceived his stare.

There is this tiny shop on the corner of the road, and  the man sells empty cans and old newspapers, magazines, he is always  busy sorting  his stuff, and has a keen eye on the road and the people walking.

I decided to try and find out if my perception about our man was true,"Do you have a  National Geographic magazine?"      I needed pictures to fix on the kids project and hence...

He gave me "That stare" and went face down into his bundles and with the air of a magician taking a rabbit out of his hat, he held a bundle of them.

My joy knew no bounds, and I tried to choose the best one suited to my needs.

The man, was not at all what I thought him to be, he was a committed man, and always focused on his job, giving him that angry look .

Paid him for the book, and with a  spring in my step...walked home.

We have heard "Appearances are deceptive" or "Never judge a book by its cover"

No comments:

Post a Comment